Monday, December 27, 2010

The Maxwell Family

I sincerely hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas this past weekend!!  I know I did!

Amid all the comings and goings from family gatherings and church services this weekend, I was asked to photograph the Maxwell family on the day after Christmas.  Bruce and Kathy's three sons are all grown with wives and children of their own, and everyone knows how difficult it is to line up everyone's schedules to spend a day under the same roof at the same time, especially if you don't live close by!  So when everyone was going to be together on the 26th, the family portrait opportunity was not to be missed. 
I also have to tell you, Bruce is a financial adviser, and he has been an encouragement to my husband and me through some tough financial times.  It was actually after a meeting with him that katyC photography was born.  He planted the seed of encouragement in me to use my talents to help support my family.  He convinced me that it was possible and challenged me to make it happen.  It was my pleasure to be able to photograph his family!  
For this occasion, they were looking for a more formal "looking-at-the-camera-and-smiling" type of shoot.  I am really looking forward to another opportunity Bruce hinted at for having me come and do more casual photos this spring (because, from what I experienced working with these guys for a formal shoot, a casual shoot is going to be a lot of fun)!






No comments:

Post a Comment